Doing business in a COVID world is more complex than ever.
Trade with confidence with COVID Ready badged operators.
TECNZ’S COVID Ready Program
TECNZ's COVID Ready program is a tourism specific program, designed to equip tourism businesses to operate with confidence in a COVID world.
Is your business COVID Ready?
If your business has developed a COVID Health and Safety plan as a requirement to operate your business under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015 you are invited to upload this plan within the Tourism Trade Checklist application form and receive a COVID Ready Recognition Badge.
TECNZ has aligned with the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) to become a lead agency with authority to issue New Zealand tourism businesses with the ‘Safe Travels’ Stamp to enable our industry for a swift and robust recovery.
• Globally recognised and developed by the WTTC to provide COVID safety recognition for the tourism trade and domestic and international consumers
• Encourages both consumers and tourism trade to book New Zealand tourism businesses displaying the ‘Safe Travels’ Stamp with confidence
• Available to all businesses in the New Zealand tourism industry who align with New Zealand Government COVID-19 regulations at the different Alert Levels, approved Ministry of Health tourism association guidelines and WTTC Global Protocols
WHY SHOULD I OBTAIN THE WTTC SAFE TRAVELS STAMP?
• The WTTC ‘Safe Travels’ Stamp is globally recognised & provides a level of confidence for both the tourism trade and consumers that New Zealand has COVID Safety practices in place
• The verification for the international and domestic tourism trade that New Zealand tourism operators are following the New Zealand Government COVID-19 regulations and the WTTC Global Protocols
HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE WTTC SAFE TRAVELS STAMP?
• Join the COVID Ready program - follow the steps below
Its the 'go-to' place for trade when sourcing all business compliance information for tourism operators.
STEP 2: Complete your Tourism Trade Checklist and comply with the Safe Travel guidelines
Apply for the Tourism Trade Checklist and comply with relevant Ministry of Health approved NZ tourism association guidelines and the NZ Government COVID-19 protocols. To receive the WTTC Safe Travels Stamp participants are required to accept the WTTC Global Protocols.
STEP 3: Receive your digital Recognition Badges
Upon satisfactory completion, you will be issued with the Tourism Trade Checklist, COVID Ready and WTTC Safe Travels Badges.
Step 4: Stand out from the Pack
Your business will be also listed on the Tourism Trade Directory promoting your Safe Travel compliance and business compliance.